Registration Starts Now!
The Summer “Cross-Disciplinary Academic Writing Communication Enhancement Workshop” offered by the AWEC
Have you been wondering …
When is the right time to submit to an international journal?
How long does it take for a submission to get published?
Who can help with dissertation writing?
How can I improve my conference presentations?
If these questions sound familiar, our four-day workshop is just right for you!
-Science Writing in English
-Oral Presentation Skills
AWEC has invited experienced international journal editors and reviewers to share their top tips for journal paper submission and strategies for responding to review comments. These experts and scholars will also focus on key tips for effective oral communication and cross-disciplinary communication. This workshop is a rare opportunity, and enrollment is limited. Calling all doctoral students who want to turbocharge their academic writing! Come join us!
International Peer-Reviewed Journal Manuscript Review: Principles and Other Common Issues
Dr. Ming-hsiu Ho, Professor of Sociology, NTU
• 58 publications in scholarly journals (23 SSCI)
• 95 publications in international conferences
The Road to Scholarly Publication: Development of Mindset and Profession
Dr. Li-Yi Wang, Assistant Professor of Education, NTNU
• 19 publications in scholarly journals 2013-2019, (13 SSCI)
• 10 publications in international conferences
• 5 publications in international academic books
Delivering Academic Oral Presentations: Challenges and Preventive Solutions
The Art of Responding to Journal Reviewers: Features and Strategies
Dr. Hung Ru-Yu, Professor of Education, National ChiaYi University
• Regional Editor and Guest Editor-in-chief for “Educational Philosophy and Theory” (SSCI)
• Professional reviewer for the peer-reviewed journal “Policy Futures in Education”
Cross-Disciplinary Communication: An Overview of Publishing Tips
By Wang Dao-Yi
Professor of Economics, NTU
• Visiting Fellow Researcher at the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of California
• 2018 MOST Research Excellence Award
Cross-Disciplinary Communication: The Impact of Ice-Breaking and Social Networking
Dr. Chiang Li-Chi, Professor of Bioenvironmental Systems & Engineering
• 2013-2019 19 publications in scholarly journals
• MOST Cross-discipline relevant research
Challenge yourself: Outcome Achievement Contest
(Give it a Go):
(Making it Happen):
(You Can and You Will):
By AWEC Faculty
Come together! Academic Writing Clinic